- 10 AM START: Meet in Place Jacques Cartier under the statue.
- Go sketching!
- In the event of rain, there are many nearby shops. There is also the Chateau Ramezay (though it is not very spacious) and the public spaces in City Hall. (Where you will also find public washrooms). Please note, the nearby Montreal Science Center is currently closed due to labor action.
- 3PM END: Return to the Jacques Cartier statue to see what everyone has drawn!
- If anyone wants to stay later, perhaps we can wind up at one of the nearby cafés.
On Sunday July 10th the Montreal Urban Sketchers have been invited to a Picnic Vernissage Day at Stewart Hall’s Cultural Centre in Pointe-Claire. Stewart Hall is situated in a gorgeous historic mansion and is a unique cultural venue located on the bank of Lake Saint-Louis. Everyone is invited to sketch with us on that day starting at 10:00 am. It is an absolutely stunning spot to sketch, in all seasons! To note that this date replaces the fourth Sunday for the month of July.
• 10:00 am START: on the lawn at the right side of the main entrance.
• 2:00 pm INVITATION: The vernissage of the exhibition Suspended Time – Caroline Cloutier & Joëlle Morosoli will take place on the 3rd floor, in the Art Gallery. Everybody is invited to go upstairs at 2 p.m.
• 3:00 pm END: we will gather on the patio facing the lake to share our drawings.
• There will be two very impressive performances on the stage that day as well, (at noon and at 3 pm), it could be an interesting thing to draw as well!
• In the event of rain, there is a room on the first floor that has been reserved for us; we will still have a nice view over the lake and everything; (but let’s cross our fingers that it won’t rain!)
• Directions Stewart Hall on Google Maps: LINK
Hope to see you there -)))
Le dimanche 10 juillet 2016, les Urban Sketchers de Montréal sont invités à participer à un pique-nique Vernissage au Centre culturel Stewart Hall de Pointe-Claire. Stewart Hall est une demeure historique sur un lieu enchanteur situé aux abords du Lac Saint-Louis. Tout le monde est invité à esquisser avec nous ce jour-là à partir de 10h00. Un endroit absolument magnifique pour faire des croquis, en toutes saisons! À noter que cette journée remplace le quatrième dimanche du mois de juillet.
• 10h00 DÉBUT: on se rencontre à droite de l’entrée principale sur le parterre.
• 14h00 INVITATION: Le vernissage de l’exposition Les temps suspendus – Caroline Cloutier and Joëlle Morosoli se tiendra au 3e étage, dans la galerie d’art. Tout le monde est invité.
• 15h00 FIN: nous nous rencontrerons sur le patio face au lac St-Louis pour partager nos croquis/dessins/peintures et voir ce que les autres ont croqué.
• Pendant cette journée il va y avoir deux performances, une à midi et l’autre à 15h00 qui pourraient être fort intéressantes à peindre aussi.
• Dans l’éventualité de pluie, il y a une pièce qui nous a été réservée face au lac au rez-de-chaussée.
• Directions Stewart Hall sur Google Maps: LINK
En espérant vous voir -)))
Last week some of our Urban Sketchers Montreal were out drawing the beautiful people of Montreal!
We thought it would be a nice touch to draw at the party. A little different from the always glamorous work of the photographers. Let’s add a personal touch with some sketching on location!
The ladies of Montreal put on a great show. We had a terrific line up of extravagant hats. A riot of color and shapes for us to sketch.
Special thanks to Nathalie Zinger and Elissa Baltzer for coming out to sketch. It was a great opportunity, I hope we’ll be back next year!
Urban Sketchers Fourth Sunday Sketching June 26:
- 10 AM START: at the entrance to the Botanical Garden (by the kiosk where you pay admission – remember the outdoor spaces are free with Access Montreal card).
- Go sketching together!
- 3 PM END: at the Botanical Garden restaurant (south western corner) to share your drawings and see the others have sketched!
- In the event of rain, I suggest the nearby Chateau Dufresne. They are very welcoming of sketchers (though some spaces are a bit small – have to spread out in the house). Still, a great sketching spot on a rainy day.
- There is also the Insectarium and the greenhouses on site at the botanical.
- For those interested /planning ahead for the proposed Montreal Monument exhibition: here is a map of nearby historic monuments.
June 18th, from 1 pm to 5 pm at the Place Royale, just outside the Pointe-à-Callière, all sketchers in Montreal have been invited to come out and draw at the fourth Mixed Art Festival – a celebration of native American music, dance and arts
From the Pointe’s website:
It is time again for the Mois du Mont-Royal / Month of the Mountain! For the second year we will meet on the 4th Sunday in May to sketch and paint in Mount Royal Park.
- Sunday May 22d:
- Meet at the Smith House / Maison Smith in Mount Royal Park at 10 AM
- Go sketching together!
- Return to the Smith House at 3 PM for an impromptu exhibition in the upstairs gallery of everything we drew that day. Everyone is invited to show their work.
There will be tables and some wall space to display artwork.
There also will be free art supplies available on loan from les amis de la montagne. Just look for our USK:MTL volunteers at the Smith House, the Belvedere and Beaver Lake to pick up a sketching kit. This might be a great day to come out with the kids and have them draw along.
Full Details below – feel free to share the info with friends and family!