Sunday Sketching: MTL Botanical Garden: June 22
SUNDAY SKETCHING: MTL Botanical Garden
Meet near the ticket counters (even if you are not planning to pay to going inside, we can meet here). There are some planters to sit around in the plaza there. You can access the washrooms inside the main building without paying admission, and I’m pretty sure you can go to the restaurant (which is way over on the Pie IX side of the complex).
- Starting Meetup: 10am
- Lunch: 1pm
- Ending Meetup: 4pm
So yes, there is a fee to get in the park, ($18.75) but there are many ways to get a discount.
- If we have over 15 people who would have to pay full price, I have arranged for a group rate ($13 each)
- Bring a Montreal Access Card (info here): $11
- Be over 65: $14/$10 with Access Card
- Bring proof of residence in Quebec: $15/$11 with Access Card
- Sign up for an annual membership ((it’s worth it if you go five times a year)
If you don’t want to pay admission to go draw, you can still sketch the buildings out front, and there is the Olympic park next door, and the Chateau Dufresne diagonally across the street, so, still some things to do, and you can still meet up with us at 1 and 4 for sketchbook show and tell!
Looking forward to meeting everyone!