Invitation for an International Sketch Swap: MTL – NYC – Girona – Sao Paulo
Hey everyone! I’ve been talking with some of the other regional Urban Sketchers blogs about a fun project.
One of the most interesting things about Urban Sketching is that it’s a global movement. There are sketch groups like ours all over the world. We have a shared passion and each group is filled with people who are potential friends.
Mark Leibowitz (NYC) proposed the idea of an exchange of original art.
Here’s the idea:
- Everyone who is interested (and lives in Montreal!) mail me at marc.taro(at)gmail.com. BEFORE FEB FIRST! Please put ‘sketch swap’ in your subject line.
- Each participant will be (randomly) paired with a buddy in one of the other cities.
- Before the swap day (early Feb – date to be announced) we all email our sketch-partners and exchange mailing addresses.
- We all send our sketches by mail. I’d recommend we all do it on the same day – I think its more fun if the exchanges happen promptly.
- Sketches don’t have to be large – postcard size to 8×10. (I can say from my etsy experience, keeping a package under letter size keeps the cost down, and gets through the mail system faster🙂
- Remember to put a (slightly larger) cardboard backing behind your sketches.
- I’m going to keep the sketches I send out a surprise, but we encourage you to post pictures of the sketches you get back.
- I hope everyone has fun, and makes a sketching friend we stay in touch with!